Thursday, October 28, 2010

only you...

i have never wanted to be famous...i have seen fame steal...kill and destroy people...relationships and lives...and the sad part...is that i have witnessed this MORE in the “christian” or "church" circles then anywhere else...it has always been my desire to just be me...to write about my journey and share them in hopes that someone will find healing in them...that was MY plan...it hasn’t dawned on me until recently to ask God what His plan was for me and for the gifts He’s given me... =)

maybe your goal is to write a song that’s so catchy it will pay your bills for the rest of your life...maybe you want the world to hear you sing or see you dance because you’re so much better than “so and so”...maybe you want to design the best website because you have something to prove...

the thing is...there will ALWAYS be someone who sings better...dances better...designs better...writes better...but there will NEVER be another YOU...only YOU can do YOU...

only you can be that kind of friend...only you can love those kids that call you mom or dad and think you hung the moon...only you can worship through the way you love...homeschool...serve...work...write...and give...

if I never play another note or sing another melody...or write another post...i want to know that my life was worship and that it was enough...that my success came simply because He loves me and i love Him...and everything else He lets me do is just spilled out because of that love...

stop comparing...stop criticizing...let them be them and learn to be ok with YOU...

No comments: