Monday, May 9, 2011

cherishing the moments...

had a lovely day yesterday celebrating with my mom...even though i think every day should be "mother's" day...they do so much for us...i also realize the older i get...that my days with my mom are numbered...and no...i am not trying to be morbid...or constantly think about death...but it is a reality...

i mean...who really knows...i could get hit by a bus tomorrow...and my mom out-lives me...what i'm trying to get at...is that we really are not promised tomorrow...and although i try and live my life in the present...and cherish every moment that i can...sometimes...well..life gets in the way...and we think...well...i can postpone the family dinner till next week...or next month...

personally...the older our parents get...i think the most important thing we can give them...is our time...when they've settled into routines...it is easy to feel forgotten when the world is flying by...and evryone has their plans...and there they sit with their regular routines...

it was nice to hear my mom laugh yesterday...and she got what she loves the most...the family around the dinner table...and although not everyone could be there...she was touched...she was happy...she felt loved...she felt appreeciated...

and that...is what was most important...

No comments: