Monday, May 2, 2011

precious moments...

you know those days where you are on the go...all day? and you know that when you get home...there is still a list of things that needs to be done...

but...i had given my word to my dear papacito to help him out with his new phone...and a trip to costco...no...not my ideal for a long day...

but...he's my dad...and although i knew that i could easily call him...and postpone it for a day...or two...or even a week...i knew that it was important to him...so...in my car i got...drove over...and set out to do what i said i would do...

after fooling with the phone...we headed to costco...chatting it up...laughing...telling stories...and then...finishing up at costco...we get back in my car...and we are about 2 exits from his house...and he...mr spontaneous...suggests we go to the fish market...for dinner...just us two... =)

now...i'm tired...we were right by the fish market...and now we were almost at his house...and i'm thinking of the long list of things i still need to do tonite...but..this is my dad...my papacito...it was a no brainer...i exited...drove to the fish market...had the most enjoyable dinner with my dad...just he & i...

those moments are precious...and you grab them every chance you get...

No comments: