Monday, June 13, 2011

my unstructured life...

i have so been enjoying my time...away from home...dog-sitting for my brother & sis-in-law...helps that they have a pool in this heat...where they live...it is hot..which i love...but once you are living in it...and running around town...doing errands and such...90 to 100 degree weather can be stifling...so the pool at the end of the day...is well...quite nice...

but of course...the main reason i am here...is to take care of their precious puppy...who is just pure joy...and...the most obedient dog that i have ever met...all 49 lbs of her...and yes...did i mention she is a puppy? =) those training classes really did wonders...seriously...

so...as i have been playing mom to this adorable puppy...for 4 days now...not even to the half way mark...i have come to realize how unstructured my life is...all because of this adorable puppy...

now the thing is...i always knew that my life wasn't completely dependant on a set schedule...there were always things that i did the same...for example...church on sunday...etc...but because i live alone...and on top of that...have my own business...where i pretty much work my own hours...i have really gotten used to a life of...well...being able to do things that may spontaneously pop up...

well...not for the last four days...my waking up...my errands...my everything is catered around this puppy that is dependant on me...if i don't eat dinner till 8:30pm...then i don't eat dinner till 8:30...no biggie...but with the puppy...i know that i need to feed her twice a day...and therefore need to be home during those two feeding times to get it done...

she needs her walk...she needs to be let out...so as i have thoroughly enjoyed this time with her...it has really shown a bright beaming light on my very unstructured life...

all this to say...that i love that i have the flexibility to change plans because of last minute circumstances...or able to "not work" because a friend is in from out of town...or be able to dog-sit for 10 days...because my life can allow for that...but i also like that if need be...i can jump right into a structured life...and come out unscathed... =)

No comments: