Monday, December 7, 2009

friday nite stress...

so...it is friday nite...my girlfriend invites me over for dinner & movies...what fun...right? well..it was... =) but as the nite got late...i knew i had to get home as i had a busy busy saturday ahead of me...

so...i start on my drive home...christmas tunes are blasting in my car...i'm feeling happy...driving along...minding my own business...get to a red light...next to me...a cop car...next to him...another car...

the light turns green...i take off...the other car takes off...the cop car doesn't...
i figure it isn't any of my concern...as i keep driving along my merry fa la la way...

until...lights are flashing...the cop is behind me...seriously...what could i have possibly done wrong sitting at a red light?

i pull over...he informs me that one of my headlights is out...which...surprises me...first...that i didn't notice...and second...that my car mechanism that usually tells me when something is "out"...didn't...

so he tells me to turn my lights on & then off...i do so...and as he walks to the front of my car...and then comes back and says...now they are both out...

great...

then he asks me if i've been drinking...seems like a normal question...procedure and all...i let him know that i wasn't...he asks for my drivers license, registration & proof of insurance...which i quickly hand over...and then he says that he will be right back as he heads to his car...

minutes pass slowly...i just want to get home...crawl into a nice warm bed...

minutes pass...10 to be exact...what in the heck is he checking?? seriously...

he comes back...and asks me again...have you been drinking?? so now i am kinda freaking out...not from guilt...but i'm wondering why he is asking me again...clearly he didn't believe me the first time...

so i let him know...that i was at my girlfriends house...watching movies, eating dinner and yes...drinking tea (does that sound like an alchohol induced friday nite of partying?)

so he says...that he wants me to turn my body to face him...and not move my head...and follow his finger...

sigh...yes...i'm annoyed & freaked out at this point...

so i follow his finger 5 times...5!!

all i could think of is...oh my gosh! he is going to make me get out of the car...and do all the silly tests on el camino!! a busy street! talk about being mortified...

i am praying now...and thinking...this is not good...but wait...i haven't been drinking...why am i freaking out?

probably...because he keeps asking me if i've been drinking...

he then heads back to his car...for another 10 minutes...and returns with a fix-it ticket...thank you very much...could we not have completed this transaction in say...oh maybe 5 minutes?

as i'm driving home...i'm playing it over and over in my head...i know that my eyes tend to dilate at the most strangest times...where my brother has looked at me and said...you look like you are on drugs...ok...not the nicest compliment...for sure...but my point is...where my eyes doing that thing...where i look drunk? hmmm...when i told my girlfriends the story...one of them then said...oh yeah...your eyes do do that...

what?? i thought my eyes were normal...and what is that "do" that my eyes "do"?

all this to say...that i started out having a most awesome friday nite...which ended alarmingly stressful...and when i finally got home to my nice warm bed...i was too wired to get any restful sleep...

my girlfriends predictions were...
a. he was trying to pick me up (seriously not the way to do it)
b. he was bored and needed something to do (seriously annoying)
c. my eyes were doing that wierd thing (i wish i knew what caused it)

in any event...i now have a fix-it ticket to deal with...hope your friday nite was more fun!

No comments: