Friday, December 4, 2009

nestled in His lap....

my precious chester (my oldest cat) is requiring a lot of attention today...i have always called him "mama's boy" following me around the house...needing to be by my side...or at least in the same room that i am in...

but today is a little different...he stands and meows...and won't stop till i pick him up and hold him...and now...he is happily nestled in my lap as i type...he is a big kittie...and when sitting in my lap...although i welcome the warmth...he does get heavy...

reminds me at times...when i need a little extra time with my sweet Savior...the thing is...i know He doesn't get tired of it...or get annoyed...as i did with chester...

there is something about being able to "crawl" into the Lord's lap...and just be cuddled...no words need to be spoken...it is the knowing...that He is there...no matter what...

and just like a child needing that protection...i crave it sometimes too...

No comments: