Tuesday, July 6, 2010

obedience...

obedience...seems so simple...but yet...it is something i fight with daily...not because i'm some "can't take orders from others" person...or anything like that...but the mere fact that i am afraid...sometimes...

i thought about some areas where i had been dragging my feet...i knew what i needed to do but i kept putting it off as if things would change and God would change His mind... =) you've got to smile at this point..how many times have we been at this point? really at the base of my reluctance to obey was fear...i was afraid of what i might lose or what certain people would think if i followed through...

it’s not like i don’t recognize the season that i am in...this is the season where God peels away the things that cannot come with me to the next season...if i don’t give up these things it will delay my entrance into the next thing He has for me...every other time i trusted God and did what He said...the results were miraculous...so why is it still so difficult to trust at times?

from what i have observed...we as humans usually start from a foundation of lack...this is a behavior that many of us must unlearn...when things change we wonder if there will be enough resources or if we will be good enough to adapt...when God requires a sacrifice...we worry there won’t be enough left over for us...somehow we trust our own logic rather than the kingdom principles that have been in effect from before the beginning of time...

what i have also observed is that there is no plan i could work that will produce better results than the plan that God has for me...in other words...when i do things His way...i find myself living the life that i truly want...when my obedience to His way is delayed...i find myself frustrated...aggravated...discouraged...and ashamed...

i make this decision often...but i made it again today...i will move forward to the next level...the comfort zone is not good enough for me...i am living my life to make a difference...for me...my family and anyone else who wants it...this kind of life requires total trust in the Lord and submission to His will...and i for one...and ready...

No comments: