Friday, February 25, 2011

from bad to beautiful...

i woke up this morning to the pounding of rain on my window...i remembered that i had woken up several times during the nite because of the rain...it pretty much didn't stop all nite...as i lay all cozy in my bed...i have to admit...it felt good to be there...knowing what the weather was like outside...and my first thoughts went to my schedule of the day...wondering if i needed to be out...or would i be able to be inside for majority of the day...

fast forward a few hours...the pounding of the rain had subsided but 30 minutes prior...and the sun was brilliantly shining through my windows...but the most glorious of all...was the beautiful rainbow...

the reminder...

and i thought to myself...this is kind of like how God makes something beautiful from something bad...although i know it is a stretch to call pouring down rain "bad"...coming from someone who highly dislikes it...work with me here...

it took the rain...for the rainbow to be...which makes me thankful for the bad times in my life...for without them...my own rainbows in my life would cease to be...

have yourself a fabulous weekend!

No comments: