Monday, February 7, 2011

how & where God speaks to you...

so yesterday...sunday...i woke up and decided not to go to church...i had a plethera of reasons...which i won't post...were they good reasons? depends who is judging...i guess...but for me...i just needed a day to myself...which i guess i wish i could just declare that without feeling the need to have a list of reasons attached to it...

anyways...i decided to stay home...and immediately started feeling a bit guilty...which is a whole different post...seriously...why do i do this to myself? i don't think God is up there...shaking His head at me...and deciding how He is going to punish me for my lack of church attendance..right? maybe?? =)

although i stayed home...i needed to get some God time in...so i was excited to tune in to Joel Osteen @ 10am...something i usually miss...because i'm in church...

ok...wow...did God speak to me...it was one of those...so in the moment sermons...only for me...you know the ones...where even though the church is packed but you feel like God is speaking to you...and only you...

and how cool that He still found me...not in church...but in my living room...of course...i'm not saying to stop going to church...because i do feel it's important...i just like the fact that where and how God speaks to you is not important...what is important...is that no matter where we are...we are listening...

No comments: