Monday, February 8, 2010

self discipline...

doing what i need to do when i don't feel like doing it...can you relate??

when it comes to self discipline...i know i understand it...i know i've been told that i have great discipline...but no one sees that battle that goes on...when i need to do something...and i don't feel like doing it...the to-do list...the one that gets items added on...and none taken off...

I would say that the thing at the top of my list that’s always been the hardest for me...and maybe a lot of people can identify with this...is just self discipline and all its forms..

i think that for me...one way that I could most easily track that is through my diet...it is not that i'm overwieght...but do i always eat the way i should? the thing is...i am one of those people who can easily find a reason to eat...i eat when i’m sad...i would eat if I was happy...to celebrate...i would eat for fellowship with other people...whatever the situation was...it was a great occasion...it was a great reason to eat...the thing is...when you are eating just to eat...there is a discipline problem...

and then there is that self-discipline with your time...i often check in with myself (insert laugh...i'm really not crazy...)where am i spending my time? there is nothing wrong with spending time with friends & family...spending time on your business...but what is important is in looking at what your priority is...what gets put on the back burner...

these last few months i've really been focusing on my priorities...and what i spend my time doing...the most important thing really was just learning a whole new attitude and a whole different approach...towards eating & towards my time...

that discipline that had to be applied…and has to be applied on a daily basis…still so strongly and so firmly...self discipline really is the wrong word because i’m not able to do it on my own...it has to come from accepting the grace of God in my life...and so that then spreads out and permeates to all of the other areas of my life where I needed and need more of Gods discipline in my life as well...

the wonderful thing we find as we grow along in the Lord is that He is so active in our lives...and all of the really lasting things that happen...i found...are initiated by Him and i just simply respond to them...

just in these last few months its been really wonderful to me to realize that i have a greater hunger than i have ever experienced before in my life...to just know God and to spend time with Him...i just feel Him drawing me in...and i have a greater anticipation and excitement just to hear what He is going to share with me...or the instructions for the day...and you know...coming from that...a clearer picture of just the fact that life is short...and that everything i do has to be an investment in heaven...

No comments: