Monday, January 3, 2011

new dreams...

there is something about the beginning of a new year...at least for me...it is a chance to start over...to re-assess the old...what is working and what is not...the thing is...i have a lot of good things going on in my life...but it opens up the opportunity to look at things...and dream...and hope for more...

now really...i could do this anytime of year...and if i was being completely honest...which i want to be...i do this exercise throughout my year...throughout my life...

but the new year really brings the point home to me...of new beginnings...it is kind of when i have decided to start exercising...or eating right...i would always need to begin on a monday...not that monday is some magical day...but it (in my mind) has that "beginning" feeling...which is kinda crazy really...you know you need to start exercising...you decide on wednesday that you will begin...but you can't start till monday...i know...doesn't make sense...but it works for me...so that is why this time of year is huge for me...kind of like a monday...long term...

i am excited about this year...the start of a new decade...not because my last year was so awful...i mean...it was tough...don't get me wrong...but in those tough times...out of those...came some pretty incredible moments...those moments that i wouldn't trade for anything...

so we choose how we look at things...and i choose to focus on the lessons...the hurts taught me a lot about myself...and what i was capable of enduring...and that endurance came because of my relationship with the Lord...absolutely no other reason...they also taught me of the incredible relationships that i have been so beyond blessed with...those that left when the going got tough...or those who left because they couldn't be honest & deal with the hurt or wrong they had caused...those are people whose integrity is questionable...and really...who wants people like that around? the Lord protected me...by showing me people's true colors...and for that i'm grateful...

i'm excited about new dreams...i'm excited about the new people i have yet to meet...and i am most excited on the path the Lord will take me this year...all i need to do...is to hang on tight to Him...

No comments: