Wednesday, January 12, 2011

reason & purpose...

yesterday...i wrote a post on "being anxious for nothing..." and as always...when i write...i'm really writing for me...this blog has been a way for me to get my thoughts out...in the open...to be able to analyze what is going on in my heart...and to deal with stuff that i may be struggling with...and in yesterdays case...it was about...really trusting God...and holding on to the truth given us in philippians...

and then i saw this note in facebook...written by one of my dearest friends...

"God's provision"
As some of you may know, I've been unemployed for over two years and John has been since this past spring. We haven't had an income since my unemployment ran out. I'm not sharing this for sympathy or any other reason but because I wanted to to say what an amazing God we serve and to thank him for His provision. My dear friend writes a daily blog (yes E. I do read it faithfully), today she shared my absolute favorite "go-to" scripture: Phil 4:6-7 "Do not worry over things but always by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ". John's devotional for today was about remaining faithful in our obedience to God and being willing to suffer the humiliation of refusing to be independent. Well in today's mail we received substantial unsolicited funds from a couple sources (one is someone we've never met or spoken). Wow, God is good is an understatement!!


how amazing is that? God is SO good...

and then...i literally sat on my couch and started crying...this has happened so many times with this blog...and it is usually when i write about something that i really don't want to write about...i mean...who wants to admit that you have control issues? which i did yesterday...but i felt led to write it...and then God totally surprises me...not because someone read my blog...but because it shows when i'm really dealing with what God is teaching me...and being open and honest...it touches the lives of others...and that was not my intention...but maybe therein lies the point...when we do things that He is asking us to do...whether we understand it or not...there is reason & a purpose for it...

i love how God still so amazingly surprises me...

No comments: