Friday, January 9, 2009

lessons in reunions...

it has been a crazy week of reunions this week...

two completely out of the blue calls...

first one came from a guy i went to high school with...high school! he was the best friend of the boy that i had a HUGE crush on...as we reminisced...he brought up so many things that i had forgotten...and of course...as i knew there would be...the teasing of my crush...he laughed at me...he said it was crazy how two people could have such a crush on each other...and nothing happen...i knew my crush had a crush on me...but not till like 10 years after high school!

what can i say?? my crush and i were the best of friends...we did almost everything together...

as we talked...we comfortably got into a conversation like it was yesterday...we talked about music...which was our biggest connection...other than both being friends to my crush...
he is doing wonderful with his music...he sent me some songs to listen to that he is working on...

now we have planned me joining him on some gigs...and dinner...so i could meet his family...

the second one came in the way of an email...asking me if i was the same "elena" that had lived in burlingame...the minute i saw his name...i knew who he was...as we exchanged emails...he talked about the big crush he had on me...we had gone out a few times...we had to be about 22 yrs old or so...he asked why we never hooked up...

um...i don't know...

he reminded me of the time that i walked into a restaurant/bar area where he worked...and the dj started playing "lady in red" because...well you guessed it...i was wearing red...and he admitted that it was at that moment...that he knew that he had a mad crush on me...

i remembered that...not the crush part...but the song part...

dinner is planned so that i could meet his family...

what this week has shown me...is that i have had some pretty incredible people in my life...and both these men...in our conversations...both said i had impacted there life...as to my zest for life...my humor...my "fun" side...my spunk...

i guess sometimes i forget that...the fact that both these men want to introduce me to their families warms my heart...

people come...and people go...some people seem to return...

i think it is human nature to focus on the one that leaves...sometimes we focus on what we don't have...instead of what we do have...the Lord keeps showing me what i have...and the little that i've lost...in the big scheme of things...wasn't what i thought it was...

what i'm learning is that God has so wonderfully blessed me with incredible people...and even when some leave...He shows me that i'm still ok...still loved...still surrounded by people who love & respect me...and who truly love being around me...

i just got another email simply stating "thanks for still being you"

No comments: