Monday, January 26, 2009

revived...refreshed...renewed...

what a weekend...i don't even know where to begin...my heart is full...my mind is full...my soul is full...

friday and saturday i had the opportunity to go to the bethel church's women's retreat...guest speaker was one of my favorite ladies...loretta steiger...our prior pastor's wife...what an incredible woman...she can pull stuff out of the bible like no other...

the retreat's focus was on three r's...revive, refresh...renew...

i am definately revived...refreshed...and renewed...

saturday after the retreat ended...i got in my car and drove over to folsom to spend some time with my brother and sister-in-law...but also to hear william p. young...the author of "the shack"...the book i wrote about in october that changed my life...and the way i look at God, the Father...and His love for me...

the link is listed below if you would like to read my thoughts on the book...

william p. young...or paul...was speaking at the morning services at capital christian center...
his story blew me away...there wasn't a dry eye in the place...

in the evening...i headed back for the evening service...where there was a question & answer session with paul the author...
so many came forward and shared their stories of how the book impacted them...men & women of all ages...from all walks of life...
there wasn't a dry eye in the place...

what i asked the Lord for at the beginning of this weekend...was to show me Himself in a whole new way...and He did just that...and so much more...

i don't even know where to begin with all i want to share of the things i learned this weekend...
what i do know...is that the Lord is working in ways that are unimaginable to us...
what i do know...is how much He loves us...
and what lengths He will go to...to reach His children...

stayed tuned...i'll try to put my thoughts down as clearly as i can...

http://striving4prov31.blogspot.com/2008/10/forever-changed.html

No comments: