Tuesday, February 10, 2009

being still...

be still...

this is something that i have really been focusing on lately...in all the busyness of the day...sometimes this is the hardest thing to do...

i have noticed that even in my down times...i am not still...although my body may be...my mind is often racing...thoughts of what-ifs...thoughts of people...thoughts of dreams...just the brain racing around like there is no tomorrow...

but to simply sit and be still...and listen to the quiet...it is in these moments...that i find refuge...and peace...and contentment...for it is in these moments...of complete quiet...that i feel completely in sync with the Lord...just He & i...

as humans...i think it is only natural to fill in the quiet spaces...moments of silence between two people can serve as an awkward moment...or it could be a place of confort...knowing you can be with someone...and just be...no need for fillers...

my most important relationship is that of God & me...and the easiest thing to do...when i talk to Him...is to talk...to tell Him of all i'm thinking...all i'm feeling...all i'm hoping for...

the hardest part...is listening...just resting in Him...and letting His peace completely saturate me...my thoughts...my mind...

but it is in this place...that answers come...i can't explain how...i can't explain why...i just know...that it is in these moments...revelations are made...of what i need to do...what i need to say...what i need to be...

in sales...the good sales people are those that listen more than talk...my bosses would always tell me that this was why i was successful...

but yet...when it comes to my time with God...i can't seem to shut my mouth...and just listen...
after all these years...it is still something i struggle with...

but as in anything that i struggle with...i strive to work on the things i know i need to work on...
and even if one day from the next...i am "still" for five minutes longer...it is progress that i see...

to sit quiet...in the moment...and wait...so excruciating for me...and yet...so rewarding...

No comments: