Thursday, February 26, 2009

the best kind of friends...

last nite as i sat on my couch...i had one of those moments...where you just reflect on what you have...

for me...one of the most incredible blessings in my life...are my friends...i truly hit the mother load on that...

what made me think of my friends...well...it was a week of full friendship mode...amongst a busy hectic week...

it was different things...that made up the whole...so to speak...

started with a roadtrip with my girlfriend l...we decided to drive up together to spend time with my best friend & sister-in-law..we both got beautified by the hair expert...and then met up with another true gem of a friend...for a wonderful dinner...and then proceeded to talk late into the evening...4 close friends...caring about each other

the next moment came when i called up my girl d...who lives way to far away...but as soon as she heard my voice...we just picked up where we last left off...i had not spoken to her in well over a month...but our friendship is that close...that it doesn't matter...no time is lost between us...

yesterday...i celebrated my girlfriend m's birthday...a day in the city...full of shopping...and then a fabulous dinner...where we talked and caught up...and shared...

came home to get a phone call from my good friend c...just catching up...on my day...and his...

then i check my answering machine...and there were messages...from friends...from different states...just calling to say hello...

it was overwhelming...

what i know...is that friendship like any relationship...takes work...it takes time...it takes sacrifice...

but..it is so well worth it...

as i think back over the years...there were always adjustments that needed to be made...some got married...so the relationship changed in timing get togethers...only harder then...when friends started becoming parents...but the common thread among my friends and me...were that both sides saw the need to make it work...to work within the paramaters of each individual...

i do not know what i would be like without my friends...they have loved me, encouraged me, pushed me, rallied around me, cried with me, laughed with me...and been there for me...
i just hope that i have been able to give a little of that back to them...

No comments: