Friday, February 6, 2009

fried chicken...

i love when i can shock my mom...by little requests...just when she thinks she has me all figured out..i surprise her...i like that...

ok - crazy crazy for sure...but here it is february...and i am still (not every day...but periodically) celebrating my birthday from november...how cool is that? i have the best of friends & family...

one of which my mom & dad still owe (their words...not mine) me a birthday bash dinner...so they are wanting to take me to one of my fave restaurants...where my dad & i have our father/daughter lunches...insert an awwwww here ;o) (we even order the same dish...every time)

our schedules have been crazy...and when they are free...i am not...and when i am free...they are not...

well...i called my mom yesterday...and i told her that i have a different birthday wish...not to go to the restaurant...but i want a full blown fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes...
"really??" she replied totally perplexed...

i have been dreaming about fried chicken for a while...i LOVE fried chicken...not the kfc kind...but true real home made fried chicken...ok...my mouth is watering as i type...

so my mom...knowing that i am health concious...says..."are you sure? because we are baking our chicken"

i said..."no mom...fried fried fried chicken...and mashed potatoes...if i'm gonna eat bad...i want to go all the way!"

so that is what i will be feasting on in the next few weeks...

there are two places that i have loved fried chicken...one...of course...is my mom's...and the second was at perry's...a restaurant in san francisco that i used to go to alot when i worked in the area...

these two places have the best fried chicken! ever!!

so i am excited...i honestly do not remember the last time i had fried chicken...and i cannot wait for my birthday dinner to get here...hopefully she will make enough for me to take home the leftovers!

No comments: