Wednesday, March 11, 2009

right now...

in talking to someone who i have gotten very close to in the last month...a question was asked of me...

what is your biggest fear?

the question stopped me dead in my tracks...i hadn't really thought of it...or so...not intentionally...i think we do think about our fears, anxieties, stress...whatever you want to call it...

everyone has fears...what surprised me was that at the end of last year...i thought i would be afraid to give my heart away again...but then you meet someone...and you need to make a choice...do i not take a chance? do i tip-toe in quietly? do i dive in?
but that is not a fear for me...i truly believe that giving your heart away to someone is a risk...always...what will they do with your heart? will they guard it? will they cherish it? will they trample over it?

what i know is that i do need to guard my heart...but i also need to open it up for the opportunity before me...this last month has been a whirlwind of emotions...all good...
right now...we are getting to know each other...
right now...we are sharing our likes & dislikes...
right now...we are wanting to get to know each other better...
right now...we are enjoying each other...

i can't predict the future...but i can take into this new relationship...the things i learned from past relationships...when a relationship ends...there comes a time where you need to look at it...with open eyes...and evaluate what worked and what didn't...and i have done that...

right now...i have someone who i believe truly cares about me...he shows it to me in so many different ways...he surprises me with his unbelievable care for me...his respect for me...his interest in my thoughts, my concerns, my life...

right now...i choose to enjoy this new relationship...to open up my heart...

No comments: