Wednesday, March 4, 2009

salsa anyone?

last nite....i went to my first salsa dancing class...

fun fun fun!

i have wanted to learn how to salsa dance for so long...and have been thinking about taking classes for about two years...my good friend l...who is an excellent dancer...has periodically asked me to go...and i always had some excuse...but reality was...that i was just really nervous...

but...here we are in 2009...my year for living life...and breaking through fears...as l said to me..."you will salsa through your fear"...

l joined the class with me...which amazed me...cause if anyone does not need to be in a beginner class...it would be her...

i learned three steps...the last one i had a bit of trouble with...but as the instructor said..."it's the first hour...don't be hard on yourself...we will continue these steps week after week...adding new ones as we go along"...

it was when we started rotating partners that i noticed how a partner truly makes all the difference...i told myself before class...that i would do everything in my power not to lead...as if i could...i had no idea what i was doing...the funny thing was though...that some of the men were waiting for me to start...so i would laugh and say..."i won't start till you do"...and we would laugh and my partner would start us off...

i can't wait till next week...i am so excited to add this new adventure to my life...i'm definately not ready to do any serious salsa dancing...but i can picture it...sometime in the future...

thanks l...for being patient with me in your invitations...you didn't give up on me...i think all along you knew that i would love it...i just needed to take that first step...

No comments: