Wednesday, December 1, 2010

dec 1...

...where has this year gone? i wrote a check today...and seriously stopped for a moment when i wrote the date...it is december 1st...it is funny how a year can seem so long and so short at the same time...when going through situations...sometimes life is ever slow...hoping to get through the difficult times in record speed...but yet...life moves so slowly...not at the speed we want...but still...at the right speed...

in retrospect...when looking back...time has flown by so quickly...and you are left...or i should say...i am left to wonder...did i do everything i wanted to do...and even more importantly...did i accomplish everything the Lord would have wanted me to accomplish? did i learn all the lessons i needed to learn? did i give as much as i could have given? did i spend my time wisely? or were there moments where i wasted time...wasted an opportunity...

i know that we cannot live our lives always looking at things this way...but i do feel it is important to think upon these things...at last once in a while...to re-group so to speak...to re-prioritize...to "check-in" with ourselves...and God...are we on track? are we living our lives to our best potential?

as this year comes to an end...there have been life lessons learned...some were difficult...some were hard to accept...but all were necessary to get me to the point at which i'm at today...

and in looking back...although there were times i could have done without...each helped me in growing...in understanding more and more of my Father's love for me...and that no matter what comes my way...or doesn't come my way...He...is the constant...in my life...and for that...i am forever grateful...

No comments: