Thursday, December 30, 2010

glimpses of His own heart...

choices and decisions...

but because i don’t know what i want...i don’t know what to ask God for...and as i was thinking all this nonsense...another set of thoughts interrupted me...and something hit me...

i’ve asked God for so many things in my life...and everything He gave me due to my prayers...i now don’t even remember...most of it all has been temporary and exchanged for new things...

absent of value...

a few things i asked for and He gave me...i later couldn’t understand why He listened to me if He knew the damage it would bring...

and then there were the prayers He never answered...

thank God...

looking back...i realize how much danger...destruction...and unnecessary drama He saved me from...by not granting my foolish pleas...

and the things i never asked for...such as a broken heart...loss...tears...scars...the things that caused me the most pain...valleys in my life i begged Him to get me out of and save me from...things i couldn’t understand...now make perfect sense...and i am most thankful for...those are the moments in life i see His perfect fingerprints in...those are my most precious memories...my greatest...boldest blessings...glimpses of His own heart...

No comments: