Monday, December 13, 2010

just listen...

today was the first day in a long time where i had nothing planned for the morning...i relish those kinds of mornings...the pot of coffee is brewed...laptop is in my lap...and my two cats are clamoring to get the remainder of lap space for themselves...right now...they are facing each other...like a dual...ready to inch in more...when more space is reevealved...their little bottoms on the couch...and their two front paws perfectly lined up on each side of my leg...cozying up to me...

i guess they have missed these mornings as well...or at least i like to think so...no rushing...no noise...just the quiet of the morning...

this is how the Lord wants me to be...clamoring to get to sit in His lap...to be close...saying nothing...just listening...i woke up this morning...and that was my prayer...that i talk less to Him today...(a hard feat...believe me) and listen more...

what does He have to tell me today...i patiently will wait...to hear the words of my Father...He knows my heart...He knows my wants...He knows my needs...all that is left to do...is to rest in His warm embrace...and listen...

No comments: