Thursday, December 16, 2010

two bucks in my yard...

so...as many of my friends and family know...i love love love christmas...first and foremost for the true meaning of christmas...the beautiful gift of God's son...it amazes me still to this day of our Savior's love for all of us...

and then there is christmas lights...christmas music...the decorations...

which brings me to my post today...i have an abundance of christmas decor...most of which was bought "after" christmas...THE best time to stock up on christmas stuff...in my opinion...

one of my christmas obsessions was having christmas deer in my yard...you know the ones...their heads moving left and right...they are lit up...full size deer...so i got my first one...hmmm....i think about 5 or 6 years ago...for a fabulous deal...then the year after...i bought my second one...packed them away...and never brought them out to my yard...

i know...crazy!

why...you might be thinking...would i do that? well...it took one person to tell me that they get stolen off of peoples yards...and so...i never wanted to put them out for fear that they would get stolen...

this year...as i pulled everything out to decorate...i thought about life...and the many friends i lost this year...many at a very young age...and i realized (once again) that i am not promised tomorrow...and what a shame to have deer...boxed up...and never seen...i mean...truly...if someone steals them...so be it...they obviously need them more then i do...although...i do hope that doesn't happen...

so tuesday...in the pouring rain...crazier...i know...because i really dislike the rain...i set up my two deer in my front yard...i was going for a "couple"...but wouldn't you know...i have two bucks...but they still look pretty amazing glistening in my yard...how do i know? because like a dork...i keep looking out my window...and smiling...

my two bucks...with their heads turning left and right...are still there...in my front yard...right where i put them...

No comments: