Thursday, March 24, 2011

50 years ago today...

50 years ago today...my mom had her first child...no...it isn't me...i'm not 50...yet...don't rush it! =)

when i think about my mom's life...and how so different it is/was from mine...at the age of 20 she was having her first child...she had immigrated from her home in argentina 3 months earlier in december...

so...a new country...

didn't know the language...

pregnant...

at 20...

yeah...so not my life...

but a lot of the reason her & my dad moved to the states...was just for that reason...so that their children would have a better life...a different life...

i am so thankful for the sacrifices my parents have made for me...and my two brothers...

i was able to live here...get a great education...choose what career i wanted to pursue...and although i never was blessed in having children...i have been blessed in so many other ways...all because of the choice my mom & dad made...50 years ago...

happy birthday to my older brother...and to my parents...a big thank you...for giving me the life i've lived...for bringing me up in a christian home...and for continuing to instill the family values they brought with them from argentina...

No comments: