Thursday, March 10, 2011

God is good...all the time...
all the time...God is good...

i had an interesting conversation with a friend the other day...he seems to think that God hasn't shown him favor...how do you respond to that? when you see the goodness all around him...that so clearly came from God...

it is such a scary place to be...when we get so wrapped up in that one or two things that we SO want...SO crave...that we ultimately are blinded to all the blessings around us...

sure we have hopes and dreams...i've got plenty...but i also am ok if those hopes and dreams don't transpire...i have a Heavenly Father who watches over me...He knows what is best for me...and at what time it is best for me...who am i to think otherwise?

i had my own little mini breakdown yesterday...things just overwhelmed me...one thing after another just kept piling up in my life...this wasn't something that happened overnite...it has been piling up for months...really...if i think about it...for a few years now...usually...i can manage it...wait...not me...the Lord helps me manage it...

yesterday...i lost hold of that for a moment...and well...lost it...it was that last little thing...of a list of little things...broke down and balled like a big ole baby...but by the evening...after my head is pounding...i came back to the source of which my help comes from...He never left me throughout the day...i left Him...

i wish my friend could understand this...maybe one day he will...i pray he does...i can't imagine my life without all the favor the Lord has shown me...most of it...undeserved...

No comments: