Tuesday, March 29, 2011

just my dad & i...

this morning i had breakfast with my papacito...just the two of us...i have many friends who don't have their dad's around anymore...and i realize that i won't have him around forever...either...but i've been blessed to have him as a constant in my life for this long...

i love our relationship...as he has gotten older...he has gotten a lot more open...not sure why that is...maybe because he now sees me as an adult...maybe because of his age...lots of maybe's...i don't know the reason for it...but i'm not complaining...

our conversations are pretty interesting...we talk alot about his life growing up...and how different it was from mine...sometimes we just tease each other...sometimes we end up chatting it up with those around us...

i cherish these moments...these times alone with my dad...a few hours stolen...with just he & i...

No comments: