Wednesday, January 13, 2010

comparing julie & me...

a few weeks back i was finally able to see the movie "julie and julia" with meryl streep, amy adams & stanley tucchi...love love loved the movie...i mean for obvious reasons...the whole cooking french adventure...but what really resonated with me was the character that amy adams played...julie...

julie started a blog with the intention of cooking her way through julia child's cookbook in 365 days...and blogging about it...

and of course being a blogger myself...there were moments that i really could relate to...

like the writing and wondering if anyone is even reading it...i have to say...the number count of my followers on my blog is pretty weak... =) and at times i have wondered if i'm just writing to myself...which honestly is ok...because it has been very therapuetic for me...writing down thoughts...writing down emotions...writing about whatever it is i want to write about...and even at times going back and re-reading a month or a week of posts...and drawn back to that moment in my life...and knowing where i was then...and seeing where i am now...

the thing is...i know a lot of people are reading this blog...because at the most oddest times...i would receive an email or see someone...and they tell me how much they enjoy reading my blog...who knew?? obviously not me at the time... =)

the other part that was funny to me in the movie...was when she received her first comment that wasn't from someone she knew...

there is something about commenting on blogs...it lets the writer know that something that was said...resonated with them...it also confirms for the writer/blogger that...yes...in fact there are readers out there...

i've gotten comments here and there on this blog...and everyone of them touches me...because i know there are readers...my other blog however...the business one...fabulous finds...business yes, but also my passion...so very easy to write...has definately had more activity...

i remember my first comment that came from someone i didn't know...and then...i remember my first comment from someone in italy...it blew me away that i had readers outside california...let alone...out of the country...

so dear readers...don't be shy..."follow" someone's blog - encourage them...and yes...comment comment comment...not just mine...any blog...i'm telling you...us bloggers love it!

a side note on the movie...i don't even want to take away from meryl streep...she was absolutely phenomenal as julia child...she had it down...and the fact that this movie is based on two true stories...it is a must see...especially if you love cooking!

No comments: