Wednesday, January 27, 2010

open hearts...

i started up with a new bible study last nite...and well...just like i expected...the first nite did not disappoint...i may write more about it in another post...but for now i wanted to focus on our hearts...and when they are open to receive...

i grew up in a christian home...so i guess i could say that this is all i've known...but that would be incorrect...i mean...i recognize the blessing in that at a very young age i was introduced to Christ, His love for me...and all that that entails...

but i still needed to make a decision on my own...not my parents, family, friends...but me...would i serve Him? did i want to live this so called christian life that i was born into?

my decision was yes...but not without periods of frustration, questioning, battles...i think that really happens in anyone's life...but for me...knowing that i had a Savior that i could come to...well...it goes without saying that as hard as some times were...they were lifted when i came to Christ...

so back to the heart...i think one of the things that truly amazes me about God is His love...His patience...His kindness...the fact that he doesn't push Himself on others...He waits...quietly waits...

there were time in my life where i felt something was so right...relationship wise...and i pushed...i pushed my way in...and it ended badly...with a lot of hurt...and broken relationships...it just doesn't work...unless someone wants to come and be with you...you can't force it...

i usually think i have an open heart when it comes to the Lord...but looking back...that is not always the case...my heart may be open to things that i deem important...or things that i "wish" were...

in the back of my mind...i know that i know that the Lord's way for me is the best way...no need to analyze, srutinize, or discuss...but my human side still fights it at times...dispite knowing this...

when i truly open my heart...and let the Lord soothe it, mold it, make it into what He knows it needs to be...wonderful things happen...

it really doesn't matter what the Bible study topic is, or the sermon topic, or the song...open heart means God diving in...and making something beautiful of my life...

No comments: