Monday, January 4, 2010

re-alignment time...

happy new year dear readers! are you excited for the new year? i am...i mean...deep down inside...i know that changing over to the new calendar doesn't all of a sudden change our circumstances overnite...but the new year for me brings about a different kind of thought process...it slows me down a bit to think about my last year...how i spent it...where i spent it...with who i spent it...what was a priority...what should not have been a priority...and what should have been a priority...

i guess in a way for me...it is a re-alignment of where my life is...where i want it to be...but more importantly...am i in line with God's purpose in my life...

we have so many opportunities, options, and advantages previous generations did not have...we must celebrate our privileges...expecially women...the history we have as women makes me excited about who we are today...

i am propelled, in good times and bad, by knowing God's purpose for my life...having that solid base and direction gives me complete confidence, even as i continue to grow and change...and even as i write this...i face tough times and a new turn in my life - one i did not want...nor choose...but because i truly know God's purpose for my life, i can ultimately cling to that and count on His direction...

i do not know how long i will be in this place...but i do know that God's ways are always best...when i accepted the inevitable and submitted...my personal crisis turned to total peace...after all, i know God is in control...i know that where i am is where God wants me...

i encourage you to look at your life and the opportunities, options, and advantages you have today...take the time to get to know God and discover your purpose...this strong foundation - knowing you are where God whats you - will carry you through the inevitable tough times...understand your personality and its inherent strengths and weaknesses...grow and mature, finding balance in who God made you to be...develop your path, a simple statement that defines and helps prioritize the various aspects of your life...create that tangible reminder of your purpose in life...

when you have taken these steps, celebrating your passion is much easier because you know who you are, what you want, and where you are heading...you've got what it takes! and you've got a great Leader! follow Him...

No comments: