Monday, January 11, 2010

lofty goals...

monday monday...waking up this morning to what i know will be a busy week...but excited for the new opportunities already opened up to me...

flying home friday afternoon from santa fe, nm...i worked on my 2010 business plan...nothing like a sit down...write down...planning session to get you motivated for the new year...

so as i sit in my office with my lofty goals in front of me...i am feeling a sense of renewal...a sense of newness...a sense of good...

yesterday in church...the sermon was on letting go of the past...to move forward to the future...it was incredible...and i have to say...that i am so thankful for being able to let go of the disappointments that i've had...without bitterness or anger...

the pastor had us put our hand into a fist...and squeeze as tight as we could...he compared that to holding on to hurts, disappointments, fear, etc...and how clenched that hand felt...that was how our lives were clenched and not able to move forward...

he talked about signs to look for in knowing whether you truly had moved on from something...and i was thrilled to feel like i was certainly on my way...

the pastor then had us slowly open up our hand...one finger at a time...and to really feel how that pressure was released...as we let go of the clenching...

pretty powerful...but a great reminder of how past hurts, disappointments and such that we hold on to...truly do affect us moving forward...

i don't know what this year holds for me...but i know who holds me..in the palm of His hand...i am excited...and as i look over the business plan...there is room for growth..room for blessings...room for giving...room for loving...

may i be central in His purpose for my life...

No comments: