Wednesday, August 18, 2010

manuel j. najarro...

this morning i attended the celebration of manny sr's life...
only 62 year old...what i will remember most about manny sr...is how he made me laugh...how he made others laugh...
we know he is resting in peace in the Father's arms...

the world, i thought, belonged to me
goods, gold and people, land and sea
where'er i walked beneath God's sky
in those old days my word was "i"

years passed; there flashed my pathway near
the fragment of a vision dear;
my former word no more sufficed,
and what i said was - "i and Christ"

but, o, the more i looked on Him,
His glory grew, while mine grew dim,
i shrank so small, He towered so high,
all i dared say was - "Christ and i"

years more the vision held its place
and looked me steadily in the face;
i speak now in humbler tone,
and what i say is - "Christ alone."

my thoughts and prayers to the najarro family...

No comments: