Monday, August 16, 2010

the ultimate driving machine...

...hasn't been so ultimate lately...or driving...for that matter...

ok...so i think it has been about 3 weeks that i have been without a car...between trips to my mechanic...who told me my car was not worth fixing...(yes...that was very hard for me to hear) and the added "i know you love your car...but you need to think with your head...not your heart"...uh...ok shawn...thank you for that... =(

then a well meaning friend...knew of someone else who could possibly help me...except that...he gave me the same information that good ole shawn did...so obviously i kept getting more & more upset...why hear the same thing over and over...and the thing is...it isn't even the fact that i bought this car brand new...for lots of money...well...lots of money to me...that ails me...what ails me...is 12 years later...how little my car is worth...coupled with it needing a major repair...well...i guess i don't need to explain...oh...and the 2nd mechanic thought he might be able to auction it off...and possibly get about $500...wow...thank you!

so then...i have an offer for a 3rd "reliable" mechanic to take a look at my car...and he gives me the same story...as the other two...except i think he might be willing to work with me on the price...

and me? i just want my car...i don't want a new car...i just want my car...working...

although it has been stressful...financial issues rarely are anything but...i have seen the Lord come through in amazing ways...through it all...

two friends offered me their cars...which i have used when necessary...my dad offered me his car...which i hadn't taken him up on the offer...but even better then that...when my dad has been in the area...he has tooted me around town...while i ran some errands...the time together has been pretty awesome...and the thing is...i think he really enjoys it...he is funny that way...

and...i've been doing alot of walking...which has been very good for me...physically...but also...freeing...in a weird sort of way...

is it strange to pray over a car? i have been...whatever happens...i know He has got my back...in ALL situations...

No comments: