Monday, October 10, 2011

the learning...

"in order to do all that God wants you to do, you must learn how to be criticized, misunderstood, rejected and be able to forgive those who are behind it..." ~ joyce meyer

i saw this quote a few weeks back...and i have to say...it has really been on my mind...it is interesting that while some have a hard time receiving praise...and in that need to learn how to accept it...it is a whole different ballgame to learn to accept criticism...rejection...being misunderstood...and to forgive...

i think it is interesting that God calls us to forgive...the one thing that many struggle with...that i have struggled with at times...but ultimately...what it has boiled down to for me...is that if i seek the Lord's forgiveness in my own life...how can i then not forgive?

i don't deserve forgiveness...and yet He gives it to me...instantly...how can i not extend the same to those who have hurt me? to those who have criticized me? to those who have spoken ill of me?

it is a learning process...and although i would be lying if i said i forgive as quickly as the Lord does...because i don't...sometimes i process it...wonder how i could forgive...but the Lord is teaching me...

and in the learning...i am doing what God wants me to do...not only in the exercise of forgiveness...but all that He has planned for my life...

No comments: