Friday, October 10, 2008

guilty...

the minute i saw the faces of my two cats this morning...i knew something was up...

as i got out of bed and started walking out of my bedroom...there they sat...both of them at the door...looking up at me...hmmm...that is strange...as they both let out a tiny meow...as if to say..."hi mom...remember us?...we are the cuties you love so much?"

i proceeded to the bathroom...they followed behind me...and once again...planted themselves at the door...looking up at me adoringly...hmmm...that is strange...as they both let out a tiny meow again...

as i started down the stairs...they bolted ahead of me...and planted themselves in front of the kitchen entrance...hmmm...that is strange...and as they let out another tiny meow...it all made sense...

my once clean kitchen floor had dry cat food strewn across it...little tiny morsels everywhere...and when i say everywhere....i mean everywhere!

so...did they both do it? was it only one that was responsible? i couldn't tell...they both acted guilty...it was rather funny...well...funny for a moment...i mean they are cats...so there is only one who can clean it all up...well...i guess i could just leave it till they eat it all up...;o) yes...for a split second i did think that...

the problem was...all i was thinking about was coffee...so i had two choices...clean it up or walk on it to get to the coffee pot to make my coffee....i chose the adult response...although i wasn't happy...and there punishment was...no canned food for you today! doesn't seem like much...but that is huge for them...

as i have sat at my computer all morning...they have both individually come over to me...gave me there best "cute adorable" look...as if to say...am i forgiven? are you still mad at me? can i get some canned food now?

so before you all start thinking...ok - she has gone of the deep end...thinking her cat's are speaking to her...i will say...they do have their own personalities and quirks...and they do act differently when they have done something wrong...which at times amazes me...

and...i'm losing the battle...i'm sure with a few more looks...they will win...and they will get their canned food...i think had they known how to clean it all up...they would have...but hey...they are cats...although...i'm sure had it been canned cat food strewn all over the kitchen floor...ok...just the thought sickens me...there would not have been a trace of there shenanigans...

No comments: