Monday, October 5, 2009

monday blues...

when did monday sneak up on me? i think i got a case of the monday blues...really bad...

i'm cold...can't get warmed up for the life of me...i am in denial that summer is truly over...and so i sit in my home office...refusing to turn the heater on...because somewhere in my brain...i am thinking it will warm up in just a few...

so i choose to dwell on the picture perfect weekend that i just had...that...can at least warm up my heart...

friday nite was such a fun nite...cooked for my mom (it was her birthday)...still cracks me up that she is more excited when i cook for her...then when i take her out to a nice restaurant...and...i even surprised myself by baking her birthday cake...i have to say...it was decadent...and it was SO delish...
what was it? tres leches cake...

the first time i had one was in an upscale restaurant near napa valley...i have to say i was a bit skeptical about trying to make it...but my aunt gave me a fairly simple recipe....and...well...let's just say...i was glad i got a few pieces as leftover...i had to give my mom a big chunk to take home with her...otherwise i KNOW that i would have wolfed it all down...

i'm sure i have added 5lbs to my frame...but...SO worth it...i will just need to be picky about when and what to make it again for...because it is truly...something that i would have a hard time saying no to...AND it didn't even have a morsel of chocolate...which is what my desserts usually need to have...

wow...looks like i'm branching out =)

so...back to the weekend...spent with family and friends...what better recipe for a wonderful time...

and i met some new friends...how cool is that?

so...i'm thinking maybe i should get over the monday blues...because i have a lot to be thankful for...and monday is but a day...

maybe if i warmed myself up...i'd feel better...

No comments: