Friday, October 23, 2009

a prayer...

Lord, I am amazed and grateful that You desire to converse with me...and quite honestly, i'm not sure at times how You get a word in edgewise...

quiet my incessant need to fill the air with chitchat...open my reluctant lips when i carry Your message...

esther was cautious and yet courageous...she was still and yet outspoken...she was young and yet wise...and You used her as Your messenger to protect a nation...how do You desire to use me?

You have given me language so that i might express my feelings for You and others...may i be sensitive to the leading of Your Spirit so that i pace both my walk and my talk...teach me to be fluent in Your love and selective in my words...that what emanates from my lips may inspire others to learn...to grow...and to celebrate their lives...

this is my prayer...amen...

No comments: