Wednesday, March 17, 2010

the broken pot...

this was a portion of the devotional i read today...

Are you a broken or crushed pot today? Are you suffering because of the loss of a job or the current financial crisis? Are your emotions broken and bruised because of the rejection of a friend or husband? Are you experiencing crushing loneliness because of the loss of someone dearly loved? Is your heart torn and bleeding for a wayward child? If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, He says even in catastrophic times He is not only with you but longing to pour out through you. God's Word that you have been storing away in the quiet times with Him can be revealed through your brokenness. He sees your pain, and His heart breaks with your every hurt. You are dearly loved. Hold on to His promise that your brokenness is not wasted but releases His Spirit to do works of perseverance, power, character and hope.

i know reading this does not change my circumstances...it doesn't change the lives of those who in one way or another have said or done things...those who have not kept their word...the thing is...i could go on and on...but this devotional gave me a sense of peace...that no matter who or what is happening around me...to me...in my life...not in my life...it just doesn't compare to the fact that God is aware of it all...He knows...He sees...He hears...

at times...i've been a very intact pot...moldering and hidden in a cave while the world around me sinks into the abyss of the absence of His word...i pray today that God would use the broken places in me for His great glory and ultimate good...i pray even as He walks with me through the broken places of my life that His word would be exposed and powerful in a lost and dying world...

Lord...i come to you in brokenness today...i give myself over to you even in my weakness and frailness...no matter if I've been broken by sin or circumstances...i ask you to fill my broken pot and pour out through me...

No comments: