Thursday, March 18, 2010

what i love about spring...

the weather this past week has been nothing short of glorious...spring...with its warming rays and longer days...certainly puts everyone in a happier mood...a few days ago i did a post on daylight saving time...i have always felt that one hour change to be the great divide between the long, dreary winter and the spring awakening...this week...from the moment i bought my first batch of tulips...to the beautiful weather...and actually seeing buds on the trees...i just feel like doing cartwheels all the way home...there is new life blooming again...

the official first day of spring is this coming saturday...it's coming...

these are the things I love best about spring...

spring flowers...especially tulips...look at the vibrant colors...fabulous!




the feeling of my energy being renewed...

the sound of birds chirping...

longer hours of daylight...

eating outside...

going to the park and reading...

enjoying all your outdoor activities again such as gardening and walking around the neighborhood...hiking...being outside after months of suffering from cabin fever is so blissful...

spring cleaning...ok...maybe not on the top of my list...but getting myself organized is immensely satisfying...

bright spring hues on my pedicured toes...

the smell of freshly cut grass...

ice cream...

opening my window and smelling the fresh air...

stripping away the layers and layers of clothing...not needing to leave my house with hats, scarves and gloves...

wearing sexy pajamas and no longer fidgeting in your flannels...

healthy eating...i tend to eat lighter in the warmer weather...salads...fruits taste amazing after months of comfort food...

outdoor concerts...

wearing bright, light and breezy clothing after months of dark colors and heavy wools...

sundresses, sandals and flip flops...need I say more?

tell me, what are you looking forward to the most this spring?

No comments: