Thursday, April 29, 2010

odd observations...

i have noticed some odd observations in my two cats...maybe it is normal...maybe not...but in my observations...i realized how many times we "assume" something based on knowledge we may have...possibly experiences we have had...

so...chester...my older cat...is very skittish...usually...when people come over...he is no where to be found...not a people person...my chester...but...he is a total mama's boy...but yet...not cuddly at all...so what does that mean? he "needs" to be in whatever room i am in...always...it is a rarity that he is somewhere other then where i am...so you would think he would be a cuddler...but he squirms to get away...anytime i pick him up and squish him =) he constantly fights to sit in my lap...but doesn't want to be affectionate...it really makes no sense...and he "always" sleeps on top of my feet...which keeps them warm...so i don't mind...

then there is sasha...my youngest...total free spirit...happy as a camper being on his own...and pretty much throughout the day...he is running around...or napping...but on his own...but when it comes to the end of the day...he is a cuddler...in fact...the closer he can get to me...the better...and usually...he wants to curl up right by my face...whether i'm lying on the couch...or sitting...he is wanting to be as near to me as possible...so independant during the day...yet so affectionate...

really doesn't make sense...you would think chester...the skittish mama's boy...would be the cuddler...and sasha the independant free spirit would be distant...

all this...to say...give people a chance...to really get to know the "real" them...not the assumption of what "people like that" are usually like...you might be surprised at what you find out...

No comments: