Tuesday, April 20, 2010

purging...and it feels SO good...

no...not that kind of purging! i do have a confession to make though...not sure what has come over me...i don't even know when it started...or what prompted it...well...i kinda know...but it is a long long story...and i'm not quite sure i want to share it...

i've had this insatiable urge to purge...everything...the half-empty jar of faded spices? tossed...the half eaten box of cereal that my friend insisted i buy in a gotta-eat-healthy-right-now frenzy...(tastes like cardboard...btw...) chucked...

i'm sure my cats are afraid i'll come home one day and think twice about keeping them (for sure...that'll never happen) but...they have been looking wary after i drop-kicked their collection of bell balls...i mean...really...they haven't touched those in months...

the old saying...out with the old...in with the new...is not quite happening...i'm just getting rid of the old...and not replacing it with anything...and i have to say...it feels good...

it has been driving me crazy lately...that my kitchen cabinets are full...but i only use certain items...over and over...my linen closet is full...but i rarely open that door to remove items...so what is in there that is SO important??

i'm not saying that having stuff is bad...it isn't...for me...it is the stuff that is in my house...but never used...a contrasting example would be my shoes =)do i have many pairs? yes...but i wear them...all...not at the same time...but they all get rotated...and worn...some i've had for years and years...which is why i always say...buy quality...and quantity... =) i know that isn't the right saying...but i know me...and "me" is a girl who would never have only a "few" pairs of shoes...

but again...the fact that i wear all my shoes...for me...makes it ok that i have so many pairs...it is all that other stuff...crammed into cabinets & closets & drawers...be very afraid...because i'm coming after you...much of this stuff would be better spent at someone else's home...who would appreciate them that much more...

and me? well i just feel less and less crammed...and THAT...is a great feeling...and...could it mean more room for shoes?

No comments: