Thursday, June 3, 2010

He knows...

have you ever gotten to a point in your life...where the stress is so high...the problems so big...

i think about the times we don't believe we can handle any more stress...the pressure seems overwhelming and we cry... "time out...i can't take any more..."

and then God responds..."trust Me...you will not be destroyed...i know your pressure points...i know how much stress you can take...i know how i designed you..."

it amazes me sometimes...that during the most stressful times...i have felt at peace...where i had NO idea what was coming next...but i did know...that He was with me...it doesn't come from me...because left to my own devices...i would be a wreck...when things look bleakest...that is usually the time when we as humans start reacting...and doing...whatever it is we think we should be doing...the hardest part is to stop...listen...take a deep breath in...and whisper...God...i know You are in the midst of this with me...

does it come easy? uh...NO! but i have learned...that the times i reacted...trying to "do" something to "fix" something...were the times that my situation grew worse by my doing...it is hard when you see nothing in front of you that looks remotely close to being resolved...or taken care of...this is where faith steps in...am i going to believe that the Father of all is watching me...my situation...my "chaos" and knows what i need...and how much i can take...

the bottom line is...that i know that He knows how much i can take...after all...He is my Creator...the One who fashioned me with His hands...He's the one who knit me together in the depths of my mother's womb...the One who is called the Potter...

He knows the exact temperature needed in the kiln to create the perfect clay vessel...He knows how hot the fire must be to separate the dross from the silver and gold...He knows how much pressure a diamond or emerald must withstand in order for it to come forth solid and brilliant...He knows how long the irritant must sit in an oyster before it becomes a pearl...

my Father knows exactly how much i can take...He knows because He designed me...with that realization i am able to trust Him and smile at the future...no matter how hard life is today...

No comments: