Monday, June 7, 2010

thought of you today...

had to share an email i received this weekend...from a dear dear friend...it made me laugh...it made me feel so loved...but most of all...it reminded me of the wonderful friends i am blessed with...

a perfect example how a simple email/call/card...can be the one thing that lifts a persons spirit...

have you let someone know today how much you love them?

the names have been blocked to protect the innocent (as i didn't have permission to post this...but i think the parties involved will be ok with me posting...)

here is the email...

Hi hotstuff!

J and I went on a road trip today to Oroville (just because). We stopped to eat at Denny's. I was looking at the menu and saw the Super Bird, thought of you, almost got it but then something else caught my eye. While we were waiting for our food this odd frumpy man came in and sat in the booth next to ours. He was quite be-jeweled, literally a ring on every finger, had multiple chains of various lengths and styles, some with pendants. To top it off, literally, he had a cap on; it was covered with cameo brooches, about 10 different ones. I asked J to tackle him so that I could take his hat. Well maybe not his smelly looking hat, but the cameos would have more than completed your bracelet. J didn't think it was worth committing a felony just so I could have his hat. I thought he loved me, but it sounds like there might be a limit to his love. Later that day we were in historic little old down town Oroville and stopped in a antique/vintage store. could have spent much more time there but they were about to close. I saw more cameos and had the saleswoman pull them out of the display case for me. They were beautiful. Although I love you, I couldn't afford the price tag. Sorry I guess there's a limit to my love as well, at least while I'm unemployed.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that while J and I were having a really, really nice day, I kept being reminded of you. Love you and hope your weekend is splendid!

isn't that the sweetest? totally warmed my heart...and kind of left me craving a superbird from denny's...oh how i used to devour them in my youth...

No comments: