Wednesday, June 9, 2010

surprise visit from my old friend herb...

ok ok...i know you know that i love surprises...and i got one...another one...yesterday...back in march of 2009...i wrote about my cherished times of coffee with herb @ 5pm...you can click and read it...it is actually a sweet story of how we met...and our wonderful talks over coffee...

it has been well over a year since herb moved away...and he is quite happy in his new home...wheich makes my heart happy...his home is huge! the nice thing is that we have kept in touch...a phone call here and there...just to catch up...although it is not over coffee...our relationship has really grown...i know he sees me as a daughter...and cares for me...and my life...as i do his...

so imagine my surprise...when i get a knock on my door a few days ago...and there is herb...standing at my door...he wanted to surprise me...and didn't tell me he was coming into town...well actually he was traveling to southern california...but felt he couldn't be that close...and not come visit...can you imagine how warm my heart feels?

so...after a year of no coffee time with herb...we met at 5pm at il fornaio...had coffee...AND dinner...it was like old times...

on a side note...herb was here in caifornia to compete in a weight lifting competition...he called and told me that he came in first place for his age division...AND beat his own record...i'm proud of you herb...

and thankful for your friendship...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e,
is herb a very faily tall thin man.
i think your herd is the same herb who used to work out at the burlingame gym. he lifts competivly and moved back east last year.
if you still heep in touch, ask if he is the herb that lifted with big John from Diesel fitness.
if he is, he knew my hubby well, tell him we said a big Hello.
i hope you can tell by some details who this is....

elena said...

i DO know who this is...i will keep you anonymous...i didn't even know you read my blog...awww...
i think it is the same herb...when i talk to him next i will tell him you two said a big hello!
thanks for reading!! AND for commenting...i know that was a huge step for you!