Monday, July 27, 2009

friends who walk beside me...

few journeys are a solitary walk...even though i cherish my moments alone...i draw the most strength from being with people...other people nurture me, encourage me, draw me out of my doldrums, and give me courage...

God made us to be social creatures...He created us for sharing, for reaching out, and for drawing close...the most profound meanings in life come in the process of loving and being loved...

i think about the friends i have in my life...most of my friends...when i first see them...we start the visit with a big hug...then we get down to business sharing aches and pains...then we move to the good times coming up...

i think of good friends who hold my hand and tell me what a good job i'm doing...i think about my friends who challenge me and nudge me out of my pity party and back into real life...i think of the friends who bring me soup and medicine when i am sick...and the friends who call and say, "i was just thinking about you today...how are things?"

i certainly think about the cherished friends in my life who on a weekly basis...we have made it a point to sustain each other...i think about my friends who do not live close; we only talk every few months or so...but i feel their presence and hold every memory close...

how lonely the walk would be without my many wonderful friends...they enrich my steps...they hold me up when the going gets rough and join in my chorus when my skies are blue...

No comments: