Friday, July 17, 2009

my first time at the rose bowl flea market...

this last sunday i had the most unbelievable dream come true day...my first visit ever to the rose bowl flea market...not only was i with people i love...but surrounded by things i love as well...

vintage!!!!

i have wanted to go to this particular flea market for years and years and years...located in southern california...it is open only one sunday a month...there were so many times that i was in the area...but always the wrong sunday...this time...the trip was planned around the "right" sunday...

i was like a kid in a candy store...wanting so desparately to find at least one little treasure that i may take home with me...there was so much to see...so many vendors...so many beautiful vintage pieces...in clothing, jewelry and furniture...

where to start? i knew at least that furniture was out...i mean...there was no way that i could get it home...so i focused on clothing and jewelry...

i saw so many things that i wanted...but i didn't want to go overboard...and i didn't want to spend my hard earned money on just anything...i knew when i saw "it"...the "it" would be the treasure that i couldn't leave without...

well...i ended up finding three such items...all from the same vendor...which makes it better...because then there is definately wiggle room for negotiating...

handing over $40...i was handed my bag of treausures...

gloves with gold beading (perfect for my tan 3/4 sleeve vintage coat at home & other outfits)
a gorgeous necklace (in one of my favorite colors!)



a full length black wool coat with mink collar (so deliciously fabulous)

all in all...as we got in the car...for our LONG drive home after a fabulous weekend...i knew i had to be the happiest vintage girl lover around =)

the funny thing...is out of mouth...i uttered these words..."i wish it was winter so that i could wear my coat & gloves" i shudder to think...this sun lovin gal was wishing for cold...but for good reason!

4 comments:

Denise @ Swelle said...

What great finds! Those gloves are darling. Funny, I've uttered those same words so I could wear some fabulous new warm clothes!

Sandra @ Debutanteclothing.com said...

You went! Yay!! I'm so glad you found some treasures.

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

How fun! It is awesome to find the "it" item. I always know that moment too. There is this one sale that happens here, and although it is open Every Saturday, it is only open 9-noon, and always packed. When I make it I always find at least one treasure! :)

elena said...

i would love to have a place to go to every week...many do not understand my obsession with flea markets/garage sales/thrift stores...but the pieces i get most compliments on...were found in these places...where else can you find that "one of a kind perfect just for you" treasure?!