Wednesday, July 29, 2009

the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows...

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! - Rocky

my friend had this as their update on facebook today...i read it like 7 times...just to really let it sink in...

life does hit hard at times...how are you going to handle it? are you going to let it rip you to shreds? or...will you rise from it...no matter how difficult...no matter how slowly...no matter how unstable...

if you don't move on...you miss out on the lessons...you miss out on the strengthening...you miss out on everything else waiting for you to experience...

in my past...it was not until i was able to pick myself up...one wobbly step after another...and start moving...towards something new...it was only then...that i was able to look back at whatever crippled me for a while...and learn from it...or take from it what i needed to...

but most of all...it wasn't until then...that i was able to embrace all the good surrounding me outside the pain...

No comments: