Tuesday, September 15, 2009

book signing with chip ingram...

saturday i had the lovely opportunity to go to a book signing by chip ingram...one of my favorite authors & speakers...any chance i get to listen to him on kfax...i do...he speaks so simply...but powerfully...all in one...it's a God thing...i don't try and explain it =)

chip was promoting a new book he had written...he spoke a little about what transpired it...and then there was a time for q & a...and then...well he was signing books...as i stood in line...i met his lovely daughter annie...who is an absolute doll...

when it was my turn to get my book signed...i handed him my tattered book entitled "i am with you always" obviously not the book he was promoting...but i explained to chip that this was the one book that i have read and re-read...and he smiled...i have met chip on a few occasions...and each time...it strikes me how humble he is...i think that is a big part of why his ministry is so successful...when he speaks...of struggles and triumphs...he is so relatable...so raw and honest...

as he signed my book...he ended it with matthew 28:20
"and teaching them to obey everything i have commanded you...and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"

that evening my girlfriend and i attended his church...they were starting a 5 week series on "balancing life's demands" biblical priorities for busy people...

this first week was on the peace and power of a prioritized life...chip went over the six symptoms of misplaced priorities...talk about deep deep deep and arrow right to your heart talk...phew...
he left us with a few challenges...which i have already incorporated into my daily walk...and as if i'm surprised...those few little changes have already reaped changes...in just three days...

the circumstances haven't really changed...but my attitude and stress levels have...

no coincidence there...i love how God works...

looking forward to week two...

No comments: