Tuesday, September 1, 2009

screaming babies & barking puppies...

i love love love kids...but lately...i don't know why...anytime i am out...whether running errands or shopping...i will be in the aisle next to the screaming kid =) (even as i write it...i need to take a deep breath)

don't get me wrong...i know kids cry...i am not talking about the little annoyance cry...but the screaming at the top of your lungs crying...while the mother continues shopping...oblivious somehow to the noise...therein lies my pet peeve...i think there comes a point where the shopping needs to stop...and you need to pay attention to the child...is the child hungry? is the child tired? is the child needing some attention? whatever the case may be...it is not more important that shopping...i can't believe i just said something was more important than shopping...(just kidding!)

it has become a joke between my close friends...they know that i view shopping as therapuetic...so when in my solace...i am suddenly wanting to find new refuge...well...lately...every store i go to (i'm not exagerating here) whether it be clothing, grocery...the target...the post office...i seem to be next to the screaming child...ugh ugh ugh...

just when i thought it couldn't get any worse...today...after 4 hours sleep...my alarm clock loudly told me i must get up to make my flight to dallas...on my flight...already dilirious from lack of sleep...and not enough java...i had the wonderful pleasure of not only having a screaming baby behind me the whole flight...but a barking puppy in the aisle across from me...

breathe in...breathe out...

in these moments...there really is only one thing to do...get through them...i submersed myself in my september fashion magazines...and although the noise was all around me...i knew...this will pass...

and it did...and in looking at the day glass half full...i get to my hotel...only to be greeted by warm friendly people...and a room of pure luxury...a bedroom bigger than mine at home...a king size bed...did someone say siesta? a sitting area, an eating area & a nice big bathroom with a nice big bathtub...

looks like i will get some therapuetic time in today...afterall...

No comments: