Thursday, November 12, 2009

breakfast with mom & dad...

so last nite i called my papacito to say hello & see what he was doing...actually i also called cause i wanted some apples...he gets THE best fuji apples somewhere in the city...

so as we are talking...he says he wants to cook me breakfast...it still cracks me up that he loves to do this...it is nothing fancy...but he knows that i have always loved his egg scramble...and he loves making it for me...

so he is insisting on me coming over for breakfast...how i could resist...no?

the thing is...i am so swamped this week...but i truly believe that sometimes we can get so caught up in the "doing stuff" that we miss out on beautiful moments...

so...no matter how busy i think i am...i can't say no to time spent with people i love...

so i headed out this morning...and dad was all excited...he had his chef hat on (not literally) he just gets very serious when cooking...

mom brewed the coffee...and we just sat around the table and chatted...really about nothing...the vegetable garden...the fruit trees...soup...cologne...my grandma...

talk about a mish mash of conversation...the thing is...i am so fueled for my day now...

i don't take for granted the days i have with them...and i will take as many as i can get...

breakfast with mom & dad...there is truly...nothing sweeter...

No comments: