Tuesday, November 17, 2009

goals and plans...

so last nite at my networking group...we started the tedious task of preparing to do our goals and plans for 2010...

i really don't like this exercise =(

but...i see the massive benefits of it...

three of the women in this group...i have worked with for the full year...one of them i knew from years prior...but we have since added new members...so we wanted to go over the basics...how to start...what to do...some helpful hints...so to speak...

aimee...who was leading the discussion...used her business/life plan from last year...it was incredible to see what we as a group had talked about in a place of safety...a place where you could be vulnerable...knowing you wouldn't be judged...

i remember how timid aimee was about certain things in her business...and how it took a lot for her to voice it to us...as well as put it down on paper...
last nite...in viewing it...we could see so clearly...how she had walked through and surpassed all those certain areas...

this really works...

so why do i do it...if i really don't like it??

as in life...i think there are many things that we don't "like" to do...but they are good for us...

in looking back at my business/life plan from last year...i saw many things that i had accomplished as well...and then there were those things that i hadn't accomplished...

some of it was that my business took a different turn...and some of it...well...i was still procrastinating...

a business/life goal plan...helps put things in perspective...it allows you to see the big picture...while breaking down the steps to get to that big picture...without being so overwhelmed...

it sure helps that i have this group of women...who encourage me...push me...question me...and hold me accountable...

so...my promise to myself...is to really give this my all for 2010...leave no stone unturned...write everything down that i want/need to accomplish...the steps to make it happen...and push through my comfort zone...

best of all...i have the Lord who reminds me that "nothing is impossible" and i know that He is my biggest support

No comments: